At this time of year so many people are looking for Love and finding a professional Matchmaker is just as difficult as finding a the right on-line site. There are a few key points to remember:
- Do you like the people who will be working with you on your behalf, do you trust them and to you feel they understand what you are looking for. It is important to be able to get on with the people you will be trusting to find you a life partner, if you don’t feel you are on the same wave length, then find someone who is.
- Ask how long they have been established, ideally you should be working with a company that has been established for 6 years or more and has a good track record.
- Professional memberships, they should be qualified in Matchmaking by the Matchmaking Institute or the International Coaching Federation (ICF) if they offer coaching to show they are working to professional and ethical standards. Other organisations are not so important as they are not independent. Any professional bodies should be independent, so it is important to check this out. You can always as the Matchmaking Institute for a reference and for recommendations.
- Look for recent success stories and those who do more than just matchmaking. Look for a company that offers you a number of ways to meet other professional singles and doesn’t just send you profiles. For example, in house coaching and events is a must nowadays for a professional Matchmaking company. They should be offering events for you to meet other members and coaching to support you on your journey.
- Cost, charges are very varied in the industry but the average cost is around £5,000 – £10,000 for a professional service, if someone wants to charge more, ask what extra you are getting and if it is relevant for you then great. You should be able to join at a basic level and have the option to upgrade if you need it. Always ask if this is available.
- Work with a company that is well connected and has a good database of active clients. They should also be open and flexible to working with other Matchmakers and should be happy to discuss this with you if they are a collaborative and open company.